Sunday, August 31, 2008

Chillin' in the Hood!

I don't have much to write about this weekend. Not anything very exciting that is. The bad part of the weekend is that I am waiting for my paycheck to arrive.....it's in the mail. I haven't been paid since the beginning of August! So this weekend I am lying low! Low cost that is. I have enjoyed lots of time at the pool and even more time meeting my neighbors. Well I haven't exactly met most of them. But I have developed many stories in my head as to what they are all about. With me being on the ground level I can sit on my couch and see everyone walking by. As they walk by I give them names and create stories about them. One of my favorite's is Mrs. Doolittle. That's right. There is a real live Mrs. Doolittle. She is an older single woman (so i guess it's Ms. Doolittle) who has many animals. I first saw her walking her little "yippy" dog...not being good with the different breeds of dogs...I can only assume it was a Chihuahua....since it looks just like the "Yo Quiero Taco Bell Dog". She was walking him at a very slow pace, allowing him to mark and smell every last bush. Then then next time I saw her I thought that the Taco Bell Dog had taken some steroids and suddenly turned into a lab. As I looked closer...it was a whole new dog. Very cute and very friendly. He greeted me once as I got out of the car. Then yesterday I was sitting by the pool and I saw Ms. Doolittle walking by with a white parrot on her left shoulder. The parrot seemed to really be enjoying his little walk about. I was lucky I had sunglasses on...that way I could stare and not be caught. Then there is the occasional young guy, most of them look like they are from the same gang. The other morning I was going out to my car and heard a little fight going on a few cars down. As I look further, a girl was in the cab of the truck and the guy was trying to get in the cab. She was wailing on him. Hitting, kicking, and screaming, "I said get out!" Of course...I had to keep watching. The guy prevailed, and made his way into the truck. The girl then peeled out of the parking spot at about 60 miles per hour. Still punching her boyfriend. What excitement I thought. That little incident was the talk of the pool on Friday. There were a few girls asking if they heard the peel out...and I had to interject my story. I am fitting in well here....getting right in with the neighborhood gossip. I probably could have embellished the story a little...and said I knew why they were fighting...but I didn't. I just told my part of it, and the girls loved it. LOL. I have watched a lot of movies, and a lot of shows on Bravo. I think I have seen every Project Runway, Shear Genius, and Milliondollar Listing twice. So I am all caught up on my shows. I have really enjoyed having my Internet hooked up...so I can chat with people all over the world. It's how I have kept my Santity...lol. The IMing and text messaging has been my source of entertainment this weekend. I am sure I will look back on this weekend and want to have more of doing nothing.....someday. But as soon as I get out and about I am sure I will have more to update you all on. As for now...I am working on my tan, and chillin out here in the hood. No...that makes it sound terrible at my apt complex. It really is a very safe place. Just a few interesting characters here and there. What can I say, I'm easily entertained =)

Chat at you all later!
-Bev =)

No comments: