Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Much better day!

Today was much better. I was totally at home with taking care of patients. Even though i was just shadowing nurses, I was much more relaxed. Thank God. I really have been out of sorts these past few days. But I realized today that these are the same patients that I was taking care of in Portland. Just a little different way of doing it. I felt much more confident and just had to keep telling myself...."I am growing!" I am excited to go back on Friday and take my own patient load. I will be floating to all the different floors in the hospital, but only got trained to two. So that should be another growing experience. But when I get through this...I will be able to do anything. Thanks for all the support and comments. I love hearing from you all. I will do my best to keep you all updated on what I am doing here in Sonoma county. It really is beautiful.

Those of you who are my fellow nurses from PPMC, again be thankful for your interdisciplinary team. Here the direct care RN is in charge of five patients (on days) and all of the following: RT treatments, EKGs, VS, CBGs, assessments of course, IV starts, central line draws and drsg changes, wound vacs, and charting on all this.....PPMC isn't that bad.

Take care. I really do miss you all.
-Bev =)

2 comments:

Julie said...

Bev,
Wow, what adventures you've had so far. I have to tell you I almost cried when I read your story about the grocery store. Broke my heart. I am really enjoying hearing all the things that are going on. I will keep praying for you.
Your Friend,
Julie

Tisha Leibfried said...

Bev,

Really glad to hear your days are getting better. We hope you are realy enjoying your time down in Cali. Can't wait to hear more

We miss you and hope you have a great time.

Love ya,

Tisha