Saturday, August 9, 2008

Here goes nothing!

I've got my first assignment!!! Yeahoooo! I will be headed to the heart of wine country! And those of you who already know me, this could be dangerous for Bev. =) I have accepted a position at Santa Rosa Memorial Hospital. I will be doing med/surg float pool for thirteen weeks. I can't wait go get on the road. The Liberty will be headed south on I-5 on Thursday August 14. i have to swing by Sacramento to get my CA license, then off to Santa Rosa. I have heard that Santa Rosa hospital is a great place to start travel nursing. They treat their travelers very well. Hopefully I will find that rumor to be true. I have also done a little research on what there is to do in the area. Of course there are a ton of vineyards to explore, but also the town of Santa Rosa seems to have a lot to explore also. Art festivals, park concerts, various restaurants and bars in the downtown area. Not only am I excited to be in a new town, I can't wait to meet the people. Going to a town by myself, the closest relative 2 hours away, not knowing a soul....scarey...but exciting at the same time. I will do my best to keep this updated as to what I am up do. Keep checking back for more=) Thanks for reading.

No comments: