Tuesday, August 19, 2008

First day.

My first day was interesting. I was at the staffing office all day for orientation. I was off to a good day until at 0825 the office called me and asked if I was coming to orientation. I guess it started at 0800. I was told to be there at 0830. So already I was off to a rough start. By noon I was a little overwhelmed of all the things that I was needing to retain. But 1330 I was having my first complete anxiety attack. I couldn't explain my high heart rate or the feeling of the room collasping in on me. But I had to get out of the building....so I did. After splashing a little water on my face and re-grouping....I came back in. It was the weirdest thing. I guess I am a little overwhelmed...to say the least. I got everything squared away...and was on my way home for a quick cocktail. I met this really fun girl, Heidi, from Mississippi! She is her all alone and is an ICU nurse for the same company I work for. I am excited to have at least one person here that I can pal around with. We went out to dinner tonight and explored the town a little. But I had to get home early and hit the hay, because I have my first 12 hour shift tomorrow in the hospital. I will only be following a nurse tomorrow, so that should be a good thing. But I think I take patients her real soon. It will take a little getting used to this whole thing, but I am sure I will like it. And I am very thankful for Heidi, she is going to be fun. More to come later. Thanks for reading!

-bev =)

No comments: