Monday, September 15, 2008

This place is NUTS!

Upon my arrival into the Santa Rosa area I really didn't notice much of my surroundings. I was so focused on not getting lost, that I really didn't have a chance to take in all the scenery. Well, four weeks into it....I have been noticing the scenery. At first I didn't think much of the statue of Charlie Brown that greeted me every morning as I got off the dreaded bus at the hospital.


Here is the sight I see every morning at 0645 as I arrive to Santa Rosa Memorial. At first I just thought, "cute, they must have a great pediatric unit here." But, boy was I mistaken.





One of my next destinations that firt week was Applebees' for a little carside to go. Always necessary being single and not really wanting to cook. As I pull up into the carside to go parking I see another statue....this time it was Woodstock. Aparently he enjoys himself a little Applebees also...here he is at the entrance of Applebees.























I finally got up the courage to ask. As the waitress brought my food out to my car I asked, "What is up with all the Peanuts' statues scattered around this city?" After she looked at me like I was a total mental midget..she said, "Oh he lived and died here. They are all over the city." I felt like I was in Texas again. When I lived in Texas with Sara we took it upon ourselves to see how many things we could see that were in the shape of the ever so great state of Texas. We found rocks, bushes, soap, stepping stones, benches, etc. It was great entertainment as we traveled around Texas to find how many different things we could that were shaped like the state of Texas.

Well, here in Santa Rosa I have made it my mission to see how many Peanuts' statues I could find. Here is what I found:

Charlie playes hockey at the ice rink here in town.












Snoopy and Woodstock hang in the park all the time.






Snoopy enjoys a night out on the town.








Snoopy kickin it with Woodstock on his house....this is in front of the museum.







Charlie sells tickets to the Charles Schulz museum....don't really know what is in there. But I am going to go out on a limb and guess....more statues. I didn't want to pay money for something I could see all around town.










Linus and Woodstock at Railroad Square in downtown Santa Rosa.






Snoopy got his braces at the orthodontist's office up the street from the hospital.








There is a whole airport named after Charles Schulz...and guess what. Snoopy hangs out there too.







Snoopy is even carved into the sidewalk! I am really feeling like I am in Texas!








I am sure you are thinking...man, she has way too much time on her hands. Probably so, but I wanted to share with you all the experience of Santa Rosa. These pictures I have shared with you are only a few of the statues and drawings around the city. They are everywhere. I can't get away from them. I would have encluded more, but there have been many times when I couldn't stop to take a pic, or I just didn't have my camera on me. But I think you get the picture.....they are NUTS about the Schultzmeister!
I'm thinking of buying some sort of t-shirt with some Peanuts characters and the words..."I got this shirt in Santa Rosa!" It really is a must have.
I hope you enjoyed this blog as much as I did creating it....I miss you all!
-Bev =)

No comments: