Tuesday, September 16, 2008

My first No.Cal. beach trip pics!


Bodega Bay with a flock of pelicans (looks like a white pile of trash, but they are birds). They were fun to watch for a little while. Cool birds.












North California Coast is much like the Oregon Coast. Very green. But I noticed that most of the trees seemed to have really bad hair days.












This is the ocean overlook where I parked and was able to walk out onto the cliffs a little. I was so high up, I was a little scared to be on the edge.











It was an overcast day, but still really beautiful!















Traveling alone...you have to become one with the birds. They are great travel companions. LOL.










The waves were crashing up on these rocks...so beautiful.












This was the crazy lady who felt the need to be right on the edge of the cliff. I did tell her that I wasn't going to be able to save her if she fell. She didn't care. She still hung off the edge. I didn't tell her that I was taking her picture...lol.










But she insisted that I get a picture of myself...
which I never understand why people take pictures of themselves while traveling alone. But I just went with it. She was very persistent. And look, now I have proof that I was actually there. It looks really cold, but really it was a great day at the beach, not too cold, not too warm.






A view of Bodega Bay. Hey Wes, I spy a RV park!













This is Spud Point Crab Co. where I had lunch. The best clam chowder and crab cakes ever! Yes, even better than Jake's! Notice all the retired people. This is how I knew it was good. LOL. I think that is Carol out grilling something out front. Really cool place.







This is Spud Point Marina. All the fishing/crabbing boats here. This was the view directly across from Spud Point Crab Co. Very relaxing to sit and just chill. I even saw a seal swimming right behind these boats shown here.









Yet another friend I met. This was at Goat Rock Beach. He almost nibbled my toes. Kinda freaked me out a little. There was also a camera crew filming some movie at this beach. So lots to watch.








I sat and read my book, and watched this front move in. It was really kinda cool. I felt the David Salesky coming out in me! LOL.











I then just made my way back via Hwy 1 and back through the wine country...it was so beautiful. There wasn't any room on the shoulder for me to pull over and take pics. But it was a great drive.
























































































































































































































































































































































































































































No comments: